We are your “DEALER” alternative. We will earn your trust and WE WON’T LET YOU DOWN!
Cochrane Automotive in Toronto, ON has remained in business for over 48 years now, since we first opened up in 1972 in Etobicoke, the west end of Toronto. John Cochrane and Ju Chen are co-business partners and have worked passionately together to grow this business into a modern facility that is well-known in the community.
John Cochrane is a Class A Government Licensed Technician with a coveted "Red Seal" Designation who opened a Texaco Service Station in Toronto in 1972 at the corner of Kipling and Horner Avenues. John's passion for "fixing things" started early. When he was just 7 or 8 years old, he was putting complicated Meccano Construction Building Sets together. Eventually, his passion for fixing things grew into an interest in auto repair.
John’s father, Frank Cochrane, was the Service Manager (also a licensed technician) of Addison Cadillac on Bay, a large dealership in Toronto. He was in charge of 128 staff members in the service department. John discovered his love for cars while helping his Dad fix his own car at an early age. John received his Automotive License in 1966 and has kept it active ever since. John is also a proud member of multiple organizations in the industry, including the Automotive Aftermarket Retailers of Ontario (AARO), National Service Task Force (NASTF), and the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB). We are also a CAA Approved Automotive Repair Service Centre.
At Cochrane Automotive, we strive to give back to our community by taking part in a number of charitable causes each year. We offer a Free Car Clinic every Spring and Fall to update our customers on the new technology on their vehicle. We also support the Rotary Club of Toronto West and The Salvation Army of Canada, a Christian organization that gives hope and support to vulnerable people in 400 communities across Canada and in 131 countries.
Our ongoing goal here at Cochrane Automotive is to adapt to new automotive technology in the industry and learn about all of the latest internal combustion changes happening in automobile development. We want to be able to easily transition into electric vehicles and maintenance so we can service and repair all of the new automated driver assisted safety systems in the future. We also plan on installing an electric vehicle charging station for customer convenience.
For auto repair in Toronto ON that you can trust, give us a call here at Cochrane Automotive today or use our online appointment form to schedule your next visit!
Continuously owned and operated by the Cochrane Family since 1972, Cochrane Automotive’s 11 bay facility has provided Etobicoke, Mississauga and Toronto with quality vehicle maintenance service and general repairs. We also specialize in today’s high-tech electronics and computer diagnostics for both import and domestic vehicles.
We pride ourselves on taking care of our customers for the lifetime of each vehicle. We want to keep your vehicle safe and provide you with the ability to drive it for over 300,000km without worry.
From simple maintenance to complex vehicle repairs and diagnostics, we have the expertise and latest technology, tools and equipment to repair and maintain your vehicle. We can perform all computer diagnostics so you don’t have to go back to the dealer. We have invested in state-of-the-art preventative maintenance equipment to provide the highest quality preventive maintenance in Toronto, Mississauga, and Etobicoke.
COMMITMENT TO ONGOING EDUCATION
We are known as industry leaders in our commitment to continuous training to keep our dedicated technicians up to date with new technology the car manufacturers’ roll out each year, and on the latest tools and equipment.
That is why we have aligned ourselves with instructors who offer the advanced training required to fix today’s complex vehicles. Our technicians also participate in a monthly technician’s workgroup to further upgrade their skills.
CAA FACILITY…SWIPE YOUR CAA CARD AND EARN CAA $$$
Cochrane Automotive has been a CAA Approved Repair Facility since 1983. We are honoured to receive the CAA Approved Facility of the Year for Two Years Running….2015 and 2016.
FREE LOANER VEHICLE while your vehicle is being repaired, or you can wait for your vehicle in our comfortable waiting room where we provide current reading material, TV, free WiFi, free coffee and other beverages.
COCHRANE TIRE STORE: Michelin, Continental Authorized Dealer plus we offer a full range of major brands.
As an added convenience, we are near the Kipling Go Train and Subway Stops. Drop your vehicle off for service and take the subway or Go train downtown.
VIPSTOP Group: Cochrane Automotive is also a "VIPSTOP” Repair Facility. This means that Cochrane Automotive is part of a network of repair facilities across Canada which enables us to provide the benefits of an established national entity while maintaining the personal touch of a family-owned business. We understand that your vehicle is a major investment, and that is why we care for each customer’s vehicle as if it were our own.
Cochrane Automotive offers a 2 year WARRANTY on parts and labour through it’s membership as a "VIPSTOP" repair facility.
As a VIPSTOP repair facility, we follow a strict code of ethics so customers will know up-front what to expect. As part of this code, we pledge:
- To perform high-quality diagnostic and repair service at a fair price using quality name brand parts.
- To employ Government-licensed technicians.
- To be dedicated to customer satisfaction.
- To exercise reasonable care for the customer’s property while it is in our possession.
- To obtain prior authorization and provide a price estimate for work performed.
- To provide a system for fair settlement of customer complaints should they occur.
- To maintain the highest standards of our profession.
- To uphold the integrity of the Uni-Pro program.
Our Commitment to Training
Cochrane Automotive is renowned for our commitment to high-quality, current, advanced training for our staff. We require our technicians to attend regular courses to keep updated on all of the new technology that vehicles are equipped with. Technicians and Service Advisors commit to many hours of day and night training from automotive industry leaders. It’s the real-world training that today’s technicians need to repair the complicated problems found in today’s vehicles. Our shop has most of the “Original Equipment” (OE) scan tools that the car dealerships have, so customers do not have to go back to the dealer to get the various modules in their vehicle reprogrammed. This makes our shop a one-stop shop.
- CAA Approved since 1983
- Ministry of the Environment and Drive Clean Test and Repair Center
- Be Car Care Aware
- Ministry of Transportation Vehicle Inspection Station
- Member of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)
- Member of the Automotive Aftermarket Retailers of Ontario (AARO)
- Member of ASA (Automotive Service Association) of USA
Our Commitment To The Environment
At Cochrane Automotive, we’re committed to our clients – and to the environment. Here are some of the ways we ensure that our Etobicoke auto repair facility stays clean and green:
- Freon Recovery – When servicing your air conditioning system we have the equipment to recover freon so it is not exhausted into the atmosphere.
- Recycle Tires – Used tires are sent to a certified tire recycler so they don’t end up in a landfill.
- Recycle Batteries – Our used batteries are collected by an Ontario certified waste battery handler to be recycled.
- Scrap Metal – Our scrap metal is picked up on a regular basis by a scrap metal dealer to reduce landfill waste.
- Recycle Antifreeze – Engine antifreeze is collected for recycling so we do not pollute the sewer system. Bulk Motor
- Oil – We buy engine oil in bulk to minimize solid waste from plastic bottles.
- Waste Oil – We recycle all of our waste oil. Recycle Oil Filters – All of our oil filters are recycled so they do not end up in the landfill.