The Leader in the GTA for Auto Repair Since 1972
Owner/Government Licensed Class A Technician
In 1972 John Cochrane founded Cochrane Automotive to provide the best auto repair and maintenance in the Toronto area. He also operates Cochrane Training Services, which provides ongoing training to update technicians on the latest technology in order to better serve customers’ needs in the 21st century.
John has been a licensed Class A technician since 1967 and he sets the STANDARD of the company. John has received numerous awards and recognition for his outstanding character and his leadership in the community.
He serves and has served in past, on many boards and organizations in the automotive industry, as noted below:
- Founder of the Lindertech Automotive Technical Training and Education Conference which focuses on “advanced” training for automotive technicians that technicians require to repair the complicated problems found in today’s high tech vehicles.
- Member of the Stakeholder Working Group representing the Automotive Industries Association to assist the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario on the modernization of the Motor Vehicle Inspection Station Program
- Recipient of the 2012 Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal which was created to recognize significant contributions of automotive industry professionals who have distinguished themselves as highly respected community leaders.
- Recipient of the 2010 Distinguished Service Award which recognizes outstanding leadership and personal contribution to the growth and development of Canada’s Automotive Industry.
- Member of the Drive Clean Advisory Board
- Past Chairman of the Board for the Automotive Industries Association of Canada
- Past Editor of the weekly column “Auto Talk” in the Driver’s Edge section of the National Post Newspaper serving the Greater Toronto Area.
Service Manager / Technician
He loves technology and is a Licensed Class A Technician, a Certified Drive Clean Inspector and Air Conditioning Repair/Inspector. He is also a tire expert, having completed several tire & track courses. He is a European car enthusiast and a member of various performance car clubs. In other words he’s a total “Car Guy”
Roy Cornish has been a licensed Class A Toronto auto repair technician since 1967 and he is also a Drive Clean Inspector. Roy grew up helping his father in the family auto repair business and operated his own shop for over 30 years. Roy joined Cochrane Automotive in June 2007 and is an avid motorcycle enthusiast.
Tony Palermo has been a licensed Class A Toronto auto repair technician since 1981. He is also a Drive Clean Inspector and Repair Technician. Tony started in 2002 and is our resident OEM factory scan tool genius.
Gary has been a licensed Class A Toronto auto repair technician since 1977. He is also a Drive Clean Inspector and Repair Technician. Gary worked with his father as a technician for many years in a family auto repair business and he joined Cochrane Automotive in 2001. Gary’s specialty is diagnostics